When your baby is injured during labor and delivery, the results can be both emotionally and financially devastating. Some injuries experienced by newborn infants are minor and happen in the ordinary course of birth, but sometimes human error can result in severe and lasting damage.
If your doctor or another healthcare professional displayed poor judgment or negligence while delivering your child, you have the right to seek financial compensation. A lawsuit settlement will help you pay your medical bills, but you may need to consider other legal funding options while you wait for your payment to arrive.
Why You May Want Legal Financing Following a Birth Injury
If your child suffered a birth injury, your childcare costs are significantly higher than for a typically developing child. For example, according to the most recently available statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), lifetime expenses for a child with cerebral palsy are around $1 million.
You can’t wait for your lawsuit to settle; your child deserves the best care and treatment now. You need pre-settlement funding (sometimes mistakenly called a lawsuit loan) today to cover your child’s:
- Healthcare costs for doctor bills or surgical interventions.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, or other rehabilitation costs.
- Adaptive equipment like wheelchairs, walkers, or splints.
- Special education costs.
- Modifications to your home or car to make them more handicapped accessible.
To apply for free, call (877) 735-0016
Funding Options While You Wait for Your Birth injury Settlement
As you’ve likely learned, lawsuits are complicated and can take a significant amount of time to resolve in court. Even if you have mountains of evidence against the defendant and well-documented expenses, you may struggle to pay your bills while you wait for justice.
But what can you do if your settlement is still years away? You could choose traditional cash flow options, including:
- Using your rainy-day savings or retirement funds: If you are one of the lucky few who have had the opportunity to build up financial reserves, you may be able to dip into these accounts to pay for your child’s extra expenses.
- Borrowing money from friends or family: This is an attractive option since it usually carries little to no interest and, in some cases, your loved ones may even be able to gift you the funds. However, transactions like this can sometimes strain relationships because of resentment or miscommunication.
- Putting your expenses on a credit card: Consumer credit cards can offer fast, easy access to cash if you have a strong enough credit score to qualify. However, revolving balances can result in compounding interest charges that balloon out of control if your case drags on too long.
- Taking out a bank loan or line of credit: Bank loans can provide much-needed capital to pay bills at a lower interest rate than credit cards. However, qualifying for the best rates requires a solid financial statement and assets to serve as collateral – and you would be on the hook to pay this money back regardless of winning your case.
None of these solutions are ideal, and some might even be impossible for you to access in your current financial situation. Thankfully, you may have another option – legal funding from High Rise Financial.
The Advantages of Legal Funding
Legal funding is an alternative financing instrument that allows you to use money from your future settlement right away. This way, you can access the money that you need now without having to wait for your lawsuit’s conclusion. When you apply for legal funding, you will enjoy several advantages over other forms of financing.
- Easy application process: Your attorney can help gather the information you need and help you apply for legal funding, making the whole process quick and easy.
- Fast access to cash: Once approved, the funds will be in your bank account and ready for you to spend within hours.
- Non-recourse funds: Unlike a traditional loan, you must only repay legal funding if you win your case and collect a settlement.
- No personal guarantee or collateral: We won’t run a credit check or ask for personal financial statements since repayment is made from the settlement and is not your responsibility.
- Use for any expenses: Unlike medical loans that you can only apply to medical expenses, pre-settlement funds can be used for virtually anything you choose to spend it on.
Apply for Legal Funding with High Rise Financial Today
Birth injuries sometimes result in ongoing challenges to your child’s health that require expensive immediate and long-term care. Pre-settlement funding from High Rise Financial can give you risk-free cash to pay your bills during litigation to recover damages, right when your family needs it most.
You don’t need perfect credit or proof of income to qualify. Contact us today to discuss your situation and find out if legal funding is the best option for you.