Plaintiffs who have been injured by hernia mesh devices may now qualify for pre-settlement legal funding as they await the outcome of their personal injury lawsuit. A hernia mesh injury can cause great disruption to your life and may also lead to a loss of income. Legal funding, also known as a pre-settlement loan or a legal loan, can provide you with the money you need to pay for your expenses as you fight for your full settlement.
Legal funding carries no risks and can give you access to the money from your settlement now when you need it most. Unlike other forms of financing, it comes with low interest rates, flat fees, and carries no obligation to repay it if you lose your case. Find out if a pre-settlement loan is the right option for you.
In This Article
How Does Legal Funding Work?
Legal funding works differently than a traditional loan, which is another financing option that hernia mesh injury victims turn to as they await a settlement. A traditional loan requires repayment, which may come from the borrower’s personal assets. Legal funding, on the other hand, is classified by the IRS as a form of nonrecourse loan, which means only the borrower’s settlement can be used to repay it.
What this nonrecourse status means is that in the event that a plaintiff loses their case, they don’t have to repay their legal funding. Plaintiffs get to keep whatever amount they were awarded by their legal funding company if they lose their case. This can provide more security to borrowers than a traditional loan, which must be repaid regardless of the outcome of a case.
What is the Average Payout for a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
The highest-quality hernia mesh lawsuit cases can pay out anywhere from $250,000 to $1 million, but the amount you may qualify for will depend on your particular circumstances. Participants in class action lawsuits may receive less than this amount but may still qualify for legal funding. The following factors can impact the amount of money you may receive from your hernia mesh injury settlement:
- Severity of injuries: A person with more severe injuries from their hernia mesh is likely to receive a higher payout than someone with relatively minor injuries.
- Size of medical bills: You can expect a higher payout if you’ve faced high medical bills from hospitalizations, surgeries, and medications due to your hernia mesh injury.
- Type of hernia mesh device: Was your hernia mesh device recalled by the manufacturer or the FDA? If so, you could expect a higher payout than if yours wasn’t.
- Lost wages and future earnings: How much of your income was lost as a result of your hernia mesh? If you’ve suffered a substantial loss of income or have had to change injuries due to your injury, you may qualify for a substantial settlement.
- Quality of life: What impact has your hernia mesh injury had on your quality of life? What additional expenses have you had to bear as a result of your injury? These factors can also impact the size of your potential settlement.
As of 2018, there were over 50,000 hernia mesh lawsuits in the United States. We have funded many of them and can determine your likely award based on the specifics of your case. Find out today if a nonrecourse pre-settlement loan from us is right for you.
Who Is Eligible for Hernia Mesh Legal Funding?
It’s typically much easier to obtain legal funding than it is to qualify for a traditional loan. This alone can make it more attractive to those who need some extra cash to pay for their expenses. You may be eligible to obtain legal funding for a hernia mesh lawsuit under the following conditions:
- You are party to a hernia mesh injury lawsuit
- You have a lawyer
- Your lawyer approves of your legal funding
That’s it – all you need in order to qualify for hernia mesh legal funding is to have a lawyer and be part of an ongoing injury case. Unlike with other forms of funding, there is no credit check and you don’t need to have a certain amount of assets. However, your lawyer must be willing to receive your legal funding, as it’s part of their payment, or we won’t be able to fund your case. Learn more about Hernia Mesh Claim here.
Here are just a few of the states we cover
Apply for Hernia Mesh Legal Funding Today
If you’re waiting on a settlement for your hernia mesh injury, then High Rise Funding can help. Applying takes just a few minutes and you could have money in your bank account within a day.
We know what it’s like to fight for justice with the cards stacked against you. Our funding comes with easy repayment terms, including low, simple interest rates, leaving you more settlement to take home. Contact us today and we can provide you with the financial help you need to fight for your maximum settlement.