After an accident, you can face pressure to accept a lower insurance company settlement in the face of mounting bills and a loss of income. Pre-settlement funding can keep you financially solvent during this time and able to pursue the maximum amount of compensation.
When you obtain legal funding for your personal injury lawsuit, you have the money you need to pursue your case successfully. We serve a wide range of personal injury clients nationwide. You could be just minutes away from obtaining the funding you need to achieve peace of mind.
How Can Pre-Settlement Legal Funding Help You?
If you’re recovering from an accident, the last thing you should worry about is how you’re going to pay your bills. Unfortunately, rent, medical bills, car payments, and more can pile up fast, putting intense financial and emotional strain on accident victims.
Personal injury cases are notoriously lopsided in favor of the defendant, as they don’t have these burdens and can simply wait for yours to force you to accept a lower settlement. Insurance companies often resort to unfair claims practices to intimidate plaintiffs.
We have a close and personal knowledge of the struggles that our clients face when trying to obtain justice after an accident. We do all that we can to alleviate them by offering fair and affordable funding to our clients. You don’t have to pay us back unless you win your settlement.
An accident can cause lifelong damage, making it vital to get the most for your loss. With pre-settlement funding, you can continue paying your bills even if you’ve suffered a loss of income. This can help you resist the pressure to settle for a lower amount than what you’re truly owed.
How Does Pre-Settlement Funding Work?
In order to obtain pre-settlement funding, you first need to apply with a funding company. Typically, the approval process has few requirements, and many who apply are already pre-approved for it.
Once you’re approved for a pre-settlement loan, we can deliver funds into your bank account 24 hours after your application. We make the process easy so our clients can get the justice they deserve.
Pre-settlement funding is simply a payment made to you now based on the expected future value of your settlement. Funding companies offer these payments to accident victims, typically with minor fees, but don’t require repayment until a case is settled.
The IRS classifies pre-settlement funding as a non-recourse debt, meaning you don’t have to repay it. Instead, the funding company that gave you the payment will be repaid from your settlement. That means if you lose your case, you don’t have to pay anything back.
Types of Personal Injuries Covered
Just about any type of personal injury can qualify for legal funding. However, some of the most common types of personal injuries that we cover include:
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
Even if you don’t see your injury listed above, you can still apply for funding for your personal injury case.
Why Should You Apply for Legal Funding?
Here are some of the main benefits of applying for legal funding for your personal injury case:
- Easy qualification – Almost anyone who is injured because of the gross negligence of another party and hires an attorney automatically qualifies for pre-settlement payments. The specific facts of each case determine eligibility.
- Quick application process – The application process can be completed quickly and does not require any paperwork. People who have poor credit or unverifiable incomes may still apply.
- Risk-free funding – We never ask for up-front fees to be paid.
- Greater financial freedom – The legal financing we provide makes it possible to make car payments, pay rent and take care of other financial responsibilities with greater financial freedom.
- No need to accept low insurance offers – Insurance companies are known to offer plaintiffs as little money as possible when trying to reach settlements. With the money we provide, you and your loved ones do not have to accept low offers and have more bargaining power.
Things to Consider Before Applying for Legal Funding
While legal funding can be a lifesaver for many personal injury plaintiffs, it’s not for everyone. Even if you do think you could benefit from legal funding, there are some factors that may impact your qualifications or just how much you’ll want to borrow. Before applying, it is important to examine the following factors:
Does Your Lawyer Accept Legal Funding?
Anyone who wishes to apply for legal funding should check to see if their lawyer is willing to work with a financing company. If the lawyer refuses, we cannot grant funds to the client.
How Much Funding Do You Need?
It’s important to apply only for the amount of money that is absolutely needed. If you apply for too much, you might not be approved, which could prevent you from getting your money when you need it most.
Can You Identify the Responsible Party and Do They Have Insurance?
You can only receive legal funding if you can identify the party who is responsible for your injury. Additionally, a funding company will only work with you if the responsible party has insurance of some kind. This provides a measure of security, as the funding company knows the insurance company will be able to actually pay for the settlement.
What Factors Impact the Amount of Legal Funding You Qualify For?
Once you identify a responsible actor for your accident, several factors will impact the amount of legal funding for which you may qualify.
- The extent of your injuries: You may be left with severe injuries after an accident that require extensive surgeries and physical therapy to recover from. On the other hand, you could walk away with scarce visible injuries but extensive emotional trauma. The severity of your injuries will affect how much compensation you can obtain.
- The size of the responsible party’s insurance policy: The maximum amount of legal funding you qualify for is determined by the responsible party’s insurance policy.
- The number of other victims: Other victims may make claims against the responsible party and their insurance policy, which can reduce the total amount you may claim.
Choose Our Legal Funding for Your Personal Injury Case
Anyone interested in receiving money while awaiting their settlement funding from their personal injury case is encouraged to apply with High Rise Financial. The hassle-free application requires no paperwork, up-front fees, credit checks or employment verifications.
Since the specifics of each personal injury case are all that matter, no personal financial information is taken into account while an approval decision is pending. Get in touch with us today to get the assistance you need with your case.