A hernia mesh lawsuit has been filed against mesh brands by persons who have been seriously injured as a result of their mesh implant defects.
One of the mesh manufacturers, C.R. Bard paid $184 million in 2011 to settle almost 3,000 hernia mesh lawsuits, which is the largest settlement sum to date. Plaintiffs in hernia mesh cases allege that manufacturers’ mesh failed, resulting in serious injuries that necessitated revision surgery. Medical expenditures, lost income, quality of life, and pain and suffering have been included as some of the damages patients claim in their lawsuits against manufacturers.
In This Article
Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Claims
Plaintiffs in hernia mesh cases allege the following:
- Inadequate warnings about mesh risks of failure.
- Insufficient information in the product labeling,
- Manufacturing errors and faulty products.
- The plaintiff’s doctor errors by placing the defective mesh in the plaintiff.
To apply for free, call (877) 735-0016
What Injuries Can Recalled Hernia Mesh Cause?
Hernia mesh consequences were so severe that those who brought cases needed at least one more operation to correct their issues. Some people needed more. Furthermore, several patients allege that their problems persisted even after undergoing revision surgery. If you’ve had any of the following hernia mesh issues and your doctor advised revision surgery, you may be entitled to bring a lawsuit. Here are some of the injuries suffered by plaintiffs:
- Pain: It can cause nerve damage or chronic inflammation if the pain persists for months or years following hernia mesh surgery.
- Adhesion: Mesh implants cling to surrounding tissue and organs.
- Infection: Prolonged inflammatory conditions near the hernia mesh may result in infection.
- Bowel Obstruction: The hernia mesh migrates inside the body or attaches to the intestines, obstructing the bowel.
- Hernia Mesh Migration: It goes from the body’s primary surgical site to other locations in the body.
- Mesh Failure: Implant causes pain and makes their hernias keep coming back.
- Revision Surgery: Depending on the severity of the issues, one or more operations have been required to remove defective hernia mesh.
- Organ or Tissue Puncturing: During migration, the hernia mesh punctures various human tissues or organs.
- Recurrence of the Hernia: As the mesh fails, the hernia could recur. It is a common side effect after hernia surgery.
- Long-term Complications: These issues develop years after the first operation. They include chronic discomfort, adhesions, or hernia recurrence.
- Seromas: Fluid accumulation in pockets near the surgical site.
- Pain in The Testicles or Groin: This occurs following hernia mesh surgery due to compressed nerves at the surgical site.
Who Can File a Hernia Mesh Device Lawsuit?
If you underwent hernia mesh surgery and had major issues, you may be able to bring a hernia mesh case, especially if the mesh was created by Ethicon, Atrium, or Bard Davol. To ensure that your case is filed on time, you should contact an attorney on time. The statute of limitations varies from state to state. There also is a strict time limit for filing a case. Additionally, there are a few fundamental standards that all patients and legal firms will meet to be eligible for compensation.
What to Do Before Filing a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
Before bringing a case, check for your mesh brand and manufacturer. This information should be included in your medical records. A lawyer may be able to assist you if you are unable to obtain copies of your records. The dates of your operation and any follow-up procedures should also be recorded. The old mesh should be preserved for use as evidence in case a lawsuit is filed against the mesh manufacturer.
Complete a Free Application form now
You May Need Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Funding
However, your hernia mesh lawsuit may take an extended period to settle. If you need immediate cash advance to settle bills before your case settles, contact us today at High Rise Financial. You can also call us on (866)-407-6404 to schedule a one-on-one consultation. Our trusted experts will be happy to speak with you.