When you are in the middle of a personal injury lawsuit, you might feel significant financial pressure. Lawsuits like yours can last months and, sometimes, even years before finally resolving. Meanwhile, your bills and personal expenses do not operate on the same timeline. Pre-settlement legal funding can help you meet these needs so that your attorney has the time they need to reach an agreeable settlement or jury award resolution.
The amount of funding you can get from High Rise Financial depends on several factors evaluated by our underwriting experts. Typically, we look at the details of your claim to discover important elements like:
- The extent of your injuries
- The amount you expect to win in compensation
- Your outstanding financial damages, such as bills
How We Decide on Your Funding Eligibility
The first step to determining the amount of funding we can offer you is to ensure that you are eligible for pre-settlement legal funding. Unlike dangerous lawsuit loans that seek to ensnare people and take advantage of you, High Rise Financial offers non-recourse funding with checks and balances to ensure your safety. That means we take a strong stand on eligibility requirements to help make sure pre-settlement legal funding is right for you.
Eligible Case Types
High Rise Financial funds personal injury claims. However, your experience with the court system may have revealed to you that personal injury is a wide area of law. The American Bar Association defines personal injury claims as claims that arise from damage to a person or property due to the negligence or liability of some other person. Below are some of the common examples of case types we have funded in the past:
- Medical device lawsuits (such as transvaginal mesh class-action lawsuits)
- Auto accident claims (including bicycle, pedestrian, large truck, and motorcycle collisions)
- Product liability claims
- Medical malpractice lawsuits
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home negligence cases
As an added precaution, High Rise Financial only offers pre-settlement legal funding to clients who are represented by an attorney or law firm. Not only does this add legitimacy to your claim, but it is also essential because we work directly with attorneys when it comes time for repayment. This process ensures that you do not have to worry about monthly payments, compound interest rates, and all the other nitpicky parts of repayment.
Also, having an attorney is simply a good idea. Even after attorney’s fees are factored into the equation, you stand to make considerably more money in compensation if you have a lawyer on your side.
To apply for free, call (877) 735-0016
Factors That Affect Your Funding
Our underwriters look at the entirety of your case when evaluating whether or not you qualify for pre-settlement legal funding (and, if so, how much). Since we are repaid out of your eventual compensation package, the amount of funding that you can receive ultimately depends on the amount of compensation you are likely to receive.
Your compensation depends on several factors, and your attorney will go over all of them with you. Some of the elements we check when evaluating your request for pre-settlement legal funding include:
- The severity of your injury: more severe injuries like loss of limb will garner more compensation (and funding) than broken bones, for example.
- The extent of your monetary damages: also called economic damages, these include items like your medical bills, damaged property repair bills, and lost wages.
- The likelihood of punitive damages: in some situations, the jury may award punitive damages. This is an additional amount of money awarded to you as a form of punishment to the at-fault party.
- The previous awards in similar cases: by looking at older claims that share similarities to yours, your attorney and our underwriters can make judgments about the amount you are likely to receive in your case.
Importantly, there are several factors that we do not have to research when deciding on how much funding to provide. That’s because your repayment does not depend on your personal finances and, since we provide solely non-recourse funding, you don’t have to pay us back if you lose your lawsuit. Here’s what that means for you:
- NO monthly payment plans
- NO bank statements required
- NO proof of employment necessary
- NO invasive look into your financial situation
- NO risk
See Whether You Qualify for Significant Legal Funding Today
If you have a pending personal injury lawsuit, you may be eligible for pre-settlement legal funding from High Rise Financial. Our process is simple and can result in up to $250,000 in your bank account in as little as 24 hours!
Jumpstart the process by filling out the form on our Apply Now page. If you have questions or would rather speak to an expert before making your decision, call our team at (866) 407-6404 today!