Do you feel like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place? Are your bills piling up while your options seem to be evaporating? High Rise Financial can help you escape financial ruin.
We provide oil rig accident legal funding to families in need of financial support as soon as possible. Fill out our online contact form or call our office to find out whether you qualify for a pre-settlement loan today.
In This Article
Compensating Oil Rig Accident Victims
Oil rigs can be dangerous work environments. There are numerous ways that things can quickly go wrong. One minute you are running and monitoring the drill, and the next you find yourself rushed to the hospital due to a work-related accident.
Every year, the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers releases injury and fatality statistics. In the last reporting year, serious injuries rose by 10% for both onshore and offshore employees. Despite safety improvements, the industry is still inherently dangerous.
On-the-job accidents are never easy, but High Rise Financial has your back. Our loan specialists take pride in being a timely and effective resource for our clients. We will promptly review your case, and if approved, get your money to you in as little as 24 hours.
Damages Recovered through Insurance and Workers’ Comp
One thing you must find out is what benefits are available to you. Each case is different and you might deserve a considerable payout. Maximize the compensation you receive for your damages.
Some benefits that you may be entitled to through workers comp and your insurance are as follows:
- Medical expenses– This describes the costs to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease affecting a person. These expenses include payments for all medical services performed and expected in the future.
- Disability benefits– This describes compensation payments for time taken off due to work-related injuries. This amount varies but is roughly two-thirds of your gross income. Check your state guidelines on this, as the maximum weekly rate of each state differs.
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits– This helps people with disabilities obtain and maintain a job. It helps people with physical, cognitive, intellectual, or mental health conditions adjust in the workplace.
- Death benefits– These describe benefits paid to the beneficiary, usually a surviving spouse and children, of someone who passes away due to a work-related, fatal oil rig accident injury.
These are often not enough to meet your needs, so you must be prepared to file a civil lawsuit against the liable party. Do not be intimidated by the process. Your pain and suffering should not be swept under the rug.
Who to Sue for Your Oil Rig Accident Damages
When you are entitled to compensation for your injuries, you have the right to be made whole. It can be difficult to know which parties should be held accountable in an oil rig accident. Here are some of the top potentially liable parties you could sue for your damages:
- Your employer – You are entitled to a safe work environment. If that is not provided to you then you may have a case against your employer.
- Colleagues– Injured due to the negligence of a co-worker? They may be required to compensate you for your damages.
- Equipment manufacturers– Sometimes faulty equipment makes it to the market. This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Supervisors– They are in charge of keeping the work area safe and productive. Failure to do so may lead to them sharing liability for your damages.
- The company that owns the oil rig– Even the company itself may be at fault. Companies are responsible for their facilities.
Damages Recovered in an Oil Rig Accident Lawsuit
In personal injury claims, there are three primary types of damages: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages. Each category is unique to the others, but they all play a role in the final outcome of a case:
- Economic Damages– These are damages awarded to a victim that will cover financial losses. These include medical expenses, loss of income, and other costs of living.
- Non-economic damages– These are damages awarded for situations of pain and suffering from your oil rig accident. This is much more difficult to assess because these damages are subjective and need to be quantified by your personal injury attorney.
- Punitive damages– Damages awarded as a form of punishment for the criminal actions of a person. These punishments are used to make people think twice before acting in negligence.
Struggles Oil Rig Accident Victims Face
Getting your life back together after a traumatic accident can be extremely difficult, but it is not impossible. Step by step, you can continue to lighten the burden as even the most basic things can sometimes be overwhelming for some, particularly after a devastating oil rig accident.
Individuals face daily obstacles after these accidents that alter reality for their lives forever. You cannot work, so you cannot earn a living, and therefore cannot provide for your family. This can often lead to depression, anxiety, and reduced quality of life.
You may fall into debt, destroy your credit score, and face financial ruin. A derailed credit score may take months or even years to get back on track. With a lawsuit loan, you can avoid these potential issues. Do not let yourself fall behind any longer. Get the money you need when you need it most.
Find Relief with Legal Funding for Oil Rig Accident Victims
We can assist in getting your costs covered now through an advance on your anticipated settlement. Our lawsuit loans can ease the burden of the nightmare you have been dragged into due to the reckless actions of your employer and other liable parties.
How Lawsuit Loans Work
To qualify, you must:
- Be 18 years old
- Have a personal injury or worker’s compensation lawyer
- Expect a settlement
Repaying Your Pre-Settlement Legal Funding
These loans are non-recourse, so if your lawyer does not win your case, you do not have to pay back your cash advance.
The lender is taking a calculated risk on your case. This risk benefits you because it protects you from being taken advantage of in the process. Likewise, if you settle for less than expected, you will be obligated to pay more than your pre-settlement loan amount.
How to Spend Your Cash Advance After an Oil Rig Accident
You are not restricted as to how the money from your settlement is spent. There are no limitations or monitoring on what you do. Some potential ways to spend your settlement funds are as follows:
- Household expenses
- Outstanding debts
- Extracurricular activities
- Entertainment costs
- Building an emergency fund
Call Our Loan Specialists for an Oil Rig Accident Lawsuit Loan Today
When your oil rig accident injuries have consumed your life, you do not have to be stuck in financial ruin. You can cover your costs now with a cash advance on your expected payout.
Consider oil rig legal funding from High Rise Financial and escape your monetary burdens as soon as today. Do not wait, call our loan specialists for a free consultation, complete our online contact form, or apply now!