Due to safety concerns, Bayer Pharmaceuticals stopped the sale and distribution of the Essure birth control device in the United States. Before that, several women who made use of the birth control product suffered serious injuries, side effects, and other complications.
In This Article
What Are Essure Lawsuits
Essure lawsuits are mass action claims against Bayer for the company’s defective Essure permanent birth control method. In addition to the terrible pain, organ perforations, and several other medical issues that can be deadly, Essure has caused thousands of women to suffer.
By failing to inform doctors and patients about the risks of using Essure, Bayer Pharmaceuticals withheld evidence that it may harm those who used it, and Bayer has now been fined for its actions. The plaintiffs in these cases are suing Bayer to recover damages and be compensated for the subsequent injuries they suffered as a result of the company’s negligence.
To apply for free, call (877) 735-0016
Overview of Essure and Why People Are Filing Lawsuits
For the first time, in 2002, a non-surgical alternative to tubal ligation was licensed and put into use: Essure. After being implanted, the two small metal coils block the fallopian tubes from receiving the eggs. Fertilization and egg implantation are hampered as a result.
Essure was blamed for several negative side effects starting in 2013, according to reports. Migraines, exhaustion, hair loss, and persistent discomfort were just a few symptoms. Broken or migrated implants have resulted in organ perforations in some women. Essure has been the target of several lawsuits as a result of this.
However, Essure’s manufacturer, Bayer Pharmaceuticals, said the metal coils device was a safe and permanent method of birth control. But attorneys now say the device was improperly created. Bayer has yet to respond to the lawsuits.
As a result, women who have had the gadget implanted into their fallopian tubes have been experiencing extreme agony for months or even years. They continue to be in excruciating pain, even after having Essure removed, and it has a significant influence on their daily lives. Until 2017, all nations outside the United States were prohibited from selling the implants.
On July 20th, 2018, Bayer stated that it had chosen to remove the medicine from the U.S. market by the end of the year. Due to a decrease in Essure’s sales, the pharmaceutical firm indicated that it still stands by the implant’s safety and efficacy.
How Many People Are in the Essure Lawsuit?
More than 16,800 Essure lawsuits were filed against Bayer on April 13th, 2018. According to the evidence presented in court, Bayer knew about the risks yet neglected to warn its customers. According to critics of the surgery, some doctors coerced women into it and were not adequately prepared to place a device.
Thus, attorneys throughout the world are pushing for compensation for people who have been harmed. This accusation is part of a slew of other significant ones:
- Essure was manufactured for three years without being licensed
- Essure’s risk analysis was not completed
- A lack of attention to detail when complications arose
- Failing to notify the FDA of 16,047 complaints of possible device malfunction
- Providing untrained physicians with Essure devices to sell
- Manufacturing Essure implants in an unregulated facility since 2005
- Using Essure with materials that have not been approved for use
How Much Compensation Can I Get?
You may not know how much compensation you are entitled to because no current Essure lawsuits have been settled against Bayer yet. Nevertheless, you can claim the following in an Essure legal action:
- Compensation for general damages
- Costs linked with the Essure procedure, including expected future medical expenditures
- Removing and fixing the device, as well as the associated medical bills
- Pain in the body and mental trauma
- The loss of wages and other professional setbacks as a result of the device
- Pain and suffering, which negatively affected your quality of life
- Lost wages if you have had to take time off, or have been laid off work
- Healthcare expenses
- Legal fees, including your attorney’s fees and the expenditures of going to court
- If your injuries have required the need for special assistance
- Punitive damages may also be available in some cases
Average Essure Settlement
With so many cases ongoing against the device’s maker, it’s difficult to say for sure. According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, Bayer has already declared losses of $413,000,000 as a result of its legal difficulties with Essure.
If you suffered Essure-related complications, you are entitled to reimbursement for all of your losses. If you have the right lawyer, you can win Essure compensation that covers all your medical bills, pain, suffering, and damages.
Complete a Free Application form now
Legal Funding Can Help for Your Essure Lawsuit
Essure lawsuit settlements and recovery of damages can be complicated and take longer than expected for several reasons. The company has a top-notch legal defense staff that will vigorously defend itself against any claims and litigation.
Injuries and difficulties can make the legal procedure even more unpleasant for the claimant. Thankfully, you may seek legal funding to ease some of the financial stress or hardship you may be facing while pursuing your claim.
Why Get Legal Funding?
Here are some reasons to apply for lawsuit funding:
- No-risk and non-recourse benefit: The pre-settlement loans are risk-free, non-recourse, and fully secure. If you lose your Essure case, you won’t have to pay a penny back to the company.
- No proof of income or credit history is required: There is no need to provide any financial details while requesting legal funding. This service does not demand any financial documentation or monthly payments of any kind.
- It doesn’t cost you a penny to apply: There are no upfront fees or out-of-pocket charges with our Essure case litigation funding. There are no hidden fees or monthly payments, and the terms are clear.
- Low interest: We also provide cheap interest rates and economical pre-settlement loans. Your financial circumstances won’t get any worse as a result of the legal funding.
- Seamless application process: Our pre-settlement loan application process is simple and uncomplicated. From beginning to end, our knowledgeable staff will assist you with your legal financing application.
- Use the funding as you desire: It’s also possible to use the funding you obtain from your Essure lawsuit loan on anything you like. You can use the legal funds to pay for your medical costs, as well as your rent, vehicle payments, mortgage, and utilities.
Apply for Settlement Funding for Essure Lawsuits
Do you need settlement funding while your Essure lawsuit is ongoing? You can apply now. The expert team at High Rise Financial are available to assist you with your legal funding application and help you qualify for a lawsuit loan. Contact us online or call our toll-free number today at (866)-407-6404 to schedule a no-obligation consultation. A wonderful experience awaits you.